About Me

My photo
Northglenn, Colorado, United States
I'm primarily a BI Developer on the Microsoft stack. I do sometimes touch upon other Microsoft stacks ( web development, application development, and sql server development).

Thursday, October 05, 2006

BTS 2002 to BTS 2004 Migration: Error about a user('null')

I was having trouble using VS 2003 Migration wizard to authenicate to a remote server. Of course I had to VPN into the domain. The problem I was getting after entering the server and database name, was an error stating that I could not connect because the username was null. The VS was suppose to use my credential for the connection. Solving the problem was done by going to the Control Panel > Stored User Names and Passwords. Add a connection with my username@domain and password. This got me in.

No comments: