BizTalk 2004 application.
1) I was having some trouble in developing maps for 2 of them. I then decided to use an external XSLT instead. I started getting un inforormative errors like unexpected ":" and missing ";" in the btm mapping on line 8 and 9. These errors of course made no sense, since there were no line 8 or 9. I knew the problem had to be in the XSLT. The probelm ended up being that I had to get rid of the Version = 1.0 attribute and a var declaration that I had in the xml:stylesheet declaration. This is what the line should of been:
omit-xml-declaration="yes" /> <xsl:template match="/">
2) When writing scripts that use that same functions over and over again, then make a external assemblies. I also made the assembly version hard coded, so that when I change the scripts I don't have to worry about resetting the maps.