About Me

My photo
Northglenn, Colorado, United States
I'm primarily a BI Developer on the Microsoft stack. I do sometimes touch upon other Microsoft stacks ( web development, application development, and sql server development).

Friday, November 02, 2007

WCF Tutorial

My first attempt at using WCF, thanks to http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vbasic/bb736015.aspx was very successful.

I did change the language to C# for my version, since I perfer it over VB.Net. There were some changes that I had to go about in a different way to get it to be successful.

Example:

Dim t As Type = GetType(ServiceLib.HelloService)

vs.

ServiceLib.HelloService hs = new ServiceLib.HelloService();


Type t = Type.GetTypeArray(new object[]{hs})[0];

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think what you really want here is:

Type t = typeof(ServiceLib.HelloService);

William Andrus said...

Thanks for the correction, you're absolutely correct.