About Me

My photo
Northglenn, Colorado, United States
I'm primarily a BI Developer on the Microsoft stack. I do sometimes touch upon other Microsoft stacks ( web development, application development, and sql server development).

Monday, October 24, 2011

Dictionary Not Found

Kept getting the error: "Dictionary Not Found..." once I uploaded new changes to the web server to allow spell checking. So, my first step was to open the developer tools in IE (F12) and do a quick capture of the network traffic.

Which gave:



URL: /fieldperformance/C1Spell_en-US.dct
Method: GET
Result: 404
Type: text/html
Received: 1.37 KB
Taken: 265 ms 
Initiator:
Wait‎‎: 1482
Start: 62
Request: 203
Response‎: 0
Cache: 0
read‎‎ Gap‎‎: 5067

So, it's looking in the fieldperformance folder for the dictionary file. Doing a quick check, yes the file is located there. The problem then ends up being the MIME type is missing.

Going to the IIS Manager, I added the Extension dct with a MIME type of application/octet-stream.



No comments: